Sunday, September 7, 2008

18-March Camel Awards Night

18-March Camel Awards Night

The Big night tonight – the Camel Awards night- official dinner, awards and dance. I still hadn’t made a tie yet so got my paints out and quickly knocked one up, sort of did one in a Kandinsky abstract flavour and paper clipped it ton my shirt collar.

Started off with a pre dinner drink in the voyage leaders cabin, but there were too many of us to fit in so this spilled over into the Captains cabin. Someone then blurted out that my cabin was just as big and someone else decided that this being the case, pre dinner drinks would be in my cabin tomorrow night.

The galley laid on a specials dinner and this included Bryan's special Haggis, (I think it was the first time I tried it). The mate read our the Robby Burns rendition that goes with carving up a haggis and Captain Andrew piped the Haggis in playing Scotland The Brave, jazz style, on his sax.

After the official dinner came the awards, (each award being a special Ross Sea Erratic Stone mounted on a plaque stand. Of course the awards were mainly for bloopers and funnies, lots of laughs and some clever thinking for these.

Of course I had pulled the short straw though and is my day on duty - on the gear until 7am so must stay serious.

No comments: